Photo by Vienna Volante, Arboretum Photographers' Society
Available Monday-Friday only
2023: April 24-Oct 31, between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
For groups of students ages 15 and under
- Reservations are required at least 1 week in advance of visit
- Available for booking Monday through Friday only. Not available on weekends.
- Available for school groups, childcare centers, and summer youth day programs visiting the Arboretum for educational purposes.
- Also available as a free add-on for Arboretum Field Trips, advance reservations required.
- Outdoor picnic areas are available (first come first serve); indoor lunch space is unavailable at this time.
- Maximum limit 120 people per order
Payment due when booking online reservation. No refunds are available for Self-Guided Visits, however we may be able to help you reschedule to a different date.
Chaperones: Minimum requirement of adult:student ratio is 1:10. Maximum allowed adult:student ratio is 1:5. These ratio numbers do count the teachers/chaperones, but not a student's one-on-one para. Paras may attend with their assigned student and are not counted in the 1:5 ratio.
# of Adults on your Field trip: The total # of accompanying adults on a field trip, including teachers, is a maximum of 1 adult per 5 students. The minimum requirement is 1 adult per 10 students. Note: One-on-one paras with students are considered in the student count, not the adult count.
Helpful information - Education
Cancellations & Exchanges for educational programs
The best chance of being enrolled in a sold out class is to add your name to the waitlist. Click the "waitlist" button or link next to the class and complete the form. There is no obligation to register if a spot opens. If the waitlist shows enough demand, additional sessions may be added.
Join Arboretum mailing lists that interest you, and be among the first to know about what's happening at the Arb!
Share your feedback
Use this form to share anonymous feedback about educational programming with the Arboretum Education Team.
About Arboretum Education
Meet the team behind the programs that inspire scientific curiosity and a love of nature.
Education department statistics
View the annual Fiscal Year statistics of the Education Department.