Trumpet Creeper Tram Tours
Join us for a narrated tram tour highlighting our varied collections, display gardens and demonstration gardens.
Duration: Approximately 55 minutes
Dates and Times: Wednesday through Saturday, August 19 - 29, 10:00 a.m. or noon
Cost: $20/full row of four seats
Tickets are for an entire row of four seats, to be shared by up to four people in your family/group/germ circle. No more than four people per row*. Price does NOT include Arboretum admission
Everyone must reserve a ticket to enter the grounds in addition to purchasing a ticket for the tram tour.
- Five socially-distanced rider groups (of up to four people) in a row, per time slot
- Due to tram configuration for social distancing, wheelchair-accessible spots are not currently available.
*The tram is designed for an adult audience. However, if children will ride, lap children ages three and under may ride on the lap of an adult; ages four and up must be in their own seat.
- Tickets must be purchased online. No in-person or phone sales for tickets.
- In the online shopping cart, the first available time will appear. Click the “CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DATES” or “CLICK HERE FOR OTHER TIMES” to browse and select your preferred slot.
- The tram will depart on schedule, please have all members of your row present by no later than five minutes prior to tram departure.
- Tram will run during most weather conditions, please dress appropriately for the weather. In the event of unsafe weather conditions, the tram will be canceled and refunds will be automatically issued within one week.
- Have a larger family/group? Seating in the first and last backward-facing "X" on the diagram (paired with the corresponding front-facing regular row) may be available by special request for larger groups of up to 8 people in the same family or germ circle. Cost: $40 for both rows together. Contact for special request (minimum 48 hour advance notice): Arboretum Education Office, ArbEdu@umn.edu, 612-301-1210.
- Ticketing and seating has been modified to accommodate safe social-distancing
Select rows of the tram will be empty to allow for distance (see diagram below)
Arboretum Education Office
Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We are temporarily working from home during Covid-19, we may return phone messages from a home phone