Dakota Sacred Hoop Walk
Twin Cities Digital Artist Marlena Myles, a member of the Spirit Lake Dakota tribe, presents an augmented reality art exhibition at the Arboretum, which begins in the Harrison Sculpture Garden. Visitors use their cell phones to download the Revelo AR app to view digital images and audio at stops along the walk which honors, educates and connects visitors to Dakota history, culture and significance of the land through art and storytelling.
Steps to a successful Hoop Walk visit:
- Download the Revelo AR app from Pixel Farm in advance of visiting the Arboretum.
- Wear good walking shoes as the walk from Stop 1 to Stop 5 is about .5 miles.
- Bring earbuds or headphones to listen to the audio. This also helps minimize the noise of the wind and others listening to the app.
- If you have trouble getting the app to work, try the troubleshooting tips below!
Having trouble with the app? Read these tips!
Devices Compatible with Dakota Sacred Hoop Walk
Visitors can use their mobile phones to download the Revelo AR app to view digital images and audio at stops along the walk to learn about Dakota culture and history. If you have trouble getting the app to work, try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Also, be sure your phone's operating system (OS) is up to date.
Here's a look at the phones that are compatible and some of the requirements.
- iPhone 14 | All
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone SE
Android users — In addition to installing the most current OS (operating system updates) for their phones — should install Google Play Services for AR. Most phones will prompt users to do this on the first launch of the Revelo AR app.
These types of Android phone should work with the Revelop AR app:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 model or newer models
- Google Pixel 3 (released in 2018) or newer models
The following phones types may work, depending on the OS and software installed:
- Samsung Galaxy A Models
- Motorola Moto G 5G
- Motorola Moto G Power
- OnePlus 10 Pro 5G
- OnePlus Nord N200 5G
- Having trouble? Be sure to turn on mobile data and make sure location services are on under your phone’s Settings.
- Restart the app: Start by closing the app entirely and then reopening it. Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor glitches.
- Check for updates: Check if you have the latest version of the app installed. Updating to the newest version often includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Restart your device: A device restart can clear out temporary issues and refresh the system.
- Poor connectivity: This app involves exploring art in relatively remote locations. If you do not have mobile data on your phone plan, preload the maps for the experience on a WiFi connection before you venture out to the art locations.
- Location services: Make sure you have allowed the use of your location (GPS) in the iOS or Android App Settings. Android devices require Google Play Services for AR. Check that you have Google Play Services for AR installed on your Android devices. This service is necessary for specific app augmented reality (AR) features.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the app: If problems persist, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This can effectively resolve any corrupted files or settings.
- No sound on iPhone? If you’re unable to hear any sound on your iPhone while using Revelo AR, it’s likely due to silent mode being turned on. To enjoy the full audio and art experience, you can turn off silent mode by flipping the switch located on the side of your phone.
- Please bring earbuds or headphones to listen to the audio. This also helps minimize the noise of the wind and others listening to the app.