Natures way of healing
Nature Based Therapeutics are professionally facilitated interactions with plants, animals and natural landscapes to bring about measurable outcomes in human health and well-being. It is nature's way of healing all people in physical, social, emotional and cognitive ways.
Each Participant's goals are different
Professional, licensed facilitators will arrange a consultation with you in order to design a custom program that will meet the needs/strengths of your group. Direct service programs and trainings are available at the Arboretum or at your site.
Nature-Based Therapeutics are a collaborative program between the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and the University of Minnesota's Earl E. Bakken Center for Spirituality & Healing.
Goals of NBT
Nature-Based Therapeutics Services provide individual and group programming to accomplish any/all of these wellbeing objectives:
Who we serve
- Community Members-Adults and Adolescents
- Educators-Adult and Adolescents
- Registered Animal Therapy Teams
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Elderly Personnel
What NBT addresses
NBT Services can address these problems/needs/issues
- Social/Emotional Learning
- Health Care and Care Provider Compassion Fatigue
- Anxiety/Chronic Stress
- Disconnection from Natural World
- Fine/Gross Motor Deficits
- Trauma and Inter-Generational Acute Distress
- Lack of Purpose and/or Coping Skills
- Attachment/Relational Disorders
- Lack of Secure Attachment/Safe or Stable Relationships
- Lack of Access to Animals and Other Nature-Based Resources
- Lack of Advocacy
NBT Focus Areas:
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Eating Disorders
- Severe/Persistent Mental Health Conditions
- Chemical Health Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Parkinson's/Movement Disorders
How NBT delivers services
Services (including therapeutic horticulture, green exercise, therapeutic landscape design, and animal-assisted intereventions) provide opportunities for people to explore mind, body and spirit through plants and animals
Where NBT provides services
Services are offered at your site, at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum or at other community-based facilities in the Twin Cities metro area.
What is the NBT experience like?
NBT interventions are:
Arboretum Dog Commons
Experience the On-Leash Dog Trails with a Dog-Added Arboretum Membership