Please help us protect and maintain the gardens and collections for the enjoyment for all visitors by observing the following:
- Stay on walkways, nature trails and grass. Footsteps elsewhere crush plants and damage soil.
- Do not pick or collect materials from flowers, plants or trees. Leave everything here for others to enjoy.
- No climbing on trees, walls, rocks, statues or exhibits. Climbing is invited on play structures and certain exhibits where noted by signs.
- No wading in fountains, ponds or streams.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Teachers and chaperones must stay with their group at all times.
- Bicyclists are allowed on Three-Mile Drive; please use caution and share the road with motorized vehicles and walkers. Scooters, skateboards and in-line skates are NOT allowed.
- No pets except dogs assisting people with disabilities.
- Respect others in your group and other visitors.
- No vehicle parking on the grass.
Animals and Tobacco
Arboretum buildings, gardens and ground are tobacco-free.
No pets or horses are allowed on Arboretum grounds, except dogs assisting people with disabilities. Dogs are allowed on designated All About Dogs Day events in April and November.
Photography & Drone Use
Photos and video for personal use are welcome. If you are using a tripod, please download the tripod policy.
If you are a professional photographer: professional portrait photographers are required to purchase special-use permits for shooting on the Arboretum grounds. Special guidelines apply.
We are only allowing a maximum of three (3) Daily Photography Permits on one day with no exceptions. A separate fee schedule applies to commercial photographers filming for advertising or marketing purposes.
For further information, contact the Reservations at 612-301-7601.
The Arboretum does not allow the use of drones or drone photography.
Drones may be permitted from media organizations with specific permission from Arboretum Marketing & Communications or Guest Services at pre-designated times.
Arboretum Operations and Research staff may request and schedule drone flyover footage of Arboretum property and construction projects.